Friday, November 27, 2009

Here Come more Holidays

Yesterday here in Canada wasn't Thanks Giving, but it was Thursday. Since yesterday was Thursday that means Today is Friday. It's not Black Friday but for some companies up here in Canada they are trying. Some of the stores have sent me Flyers (well I did sign up for them)and the sales are "better" than usual. It does make me wonder "why can't they just lower the prices over all through the whole year??" I'd never get a deal that way though would I?
Canadian Stores I've received flyers for are Canadian Tire, and Zellers. Walmart has been advertising in my ears via the radio, along with a local Electronics store, and Future Shop. I wont be buying electronics this year, I just can't because well Hubbie will. He lives for the stuff and so he'll get all excited and fork over dollar$ for anything that plugs or doesn't plug depending. He's getting better though, we don't have a cellphone or Cable TV.
I'm not even sure I want to go shopping this weekend, really it's still November.(denial?) I wonder if maybe I'm better off leaving Christmas in December but then again Advent starts Sunday? And Sunday is still November. 4wks is not long. No must not shop... well maybe just snow suits? The kids need them and if I don't put them under the tree in a month it's not Christmas shopping right? So no it's not Christmas shopping it's just shopping. ok So I'm JUST going shopping, not Christmas shopping yeah that's it. If I buy me a hair cut it's a ME outing right? Yes I think that's it. I'll just "go out for me" (and the snow suits)

BTW does anyone know why it was Foggy on Christmas Eve? Wouldn't it have been snowing?

6 comments:

MARY G said...

We get fog in the winter every time the temperature creeps above freezing - moisture in the air, I guess. It can be very beautiful, but hell for navigation.
Am I ever with you on the Christmas flyer stuff. And my husband is a sucker for anything electronic. Anything.
Feeling like the Grinch just now, but I hope the Christmas spirit will turn up sooner or later.
BTW - the 'regret' post is not my own situation. If the grandkids get sick, it's their mother's job.
I hope, anyway.I used that excuse because it is a virus all its own these days - I have read so many posts by harried Moms coping with H1N1.

Captain Dumbass said...

Probably because back when it was written they were still burning coal to warm their houses. "Then one pollution induced foggy Xmas Eve..." Meh, there's no ring to it.

kyooty said...

Definitely good points both!:)

Anonymous said...

We watched Rudolph last night.


Funny story (or creepy, depending on how you look at it). I had a dream we were partying with a bunch of people in a limo. But I remember you were there. yeah...that's weird, huh? Forget I even told you....

Amy said...

I am not sure what happen the other day with the dashboard. I am trying to use the google reader a little bit..

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hey Kyooty, thanks for finding my blog. I MUST follow a fellow Maritimer!!

As for the Black Friday wonnabe shopping, no way. I have a few more gifts to buy for the Salvation Army but you couldn't pay me enough to get out in a real crowds on Saturday as we get closer to Christmas.

BTW, I liked your idea of shooting the mulched leaves at the neighbors after all, the worst shedding tree is actually in their yard with most of its branches hanging over on us, I guess they wised up to this which would explain the fence they built Lol!