I guess that means the kyooty is still here and needs to get out more. I find it very hard to separate the Kyooty that is me and the Kyooty that is the Mom! I guess I've been a mom for so long that I don't remember very much of the me that was before I was a Mom?
I don't remember my life before my kids well I remmember lots but I don't think about it as time without kids. I do though need to be more Me every once in a while. I do not have many hobbies. This internet is a bit addictive though, I read a lot and see a lot of other posters that have a great grip on seperating parenting and themselves. See even in getting to this point I'm still Mom. Will I ever be able to separate that? More hobbies, maybe if I worked outside the home it would come easier? I'd meet more people, and meet more people that aren't Mom's too?
So I'll keep working on uncovering Kyooty and maybe it will happen. Things done for Me this week? going walking, making food that I "need" vs what everyone else will eat, and uh that list isn't long enough so I'll have to really try harder!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey there!
I'm one of those Mom's who doesn't remember life before kids! Do you remember what sleeping in felt like? (cause now it's about 8am lol)
Thanks for following my blog. Have fun creating yours!
I'll be back:)
Kyooty, it's an important journey. I remember how being a mom dominated my thoughts and time for the first few years of my son's life. I was singleminded in my purpose. When he was a few years old, we took a short trip with my mom. She and I went to a play while my husband watched our son. We went to a reception with the actors afterward and were talking with them about the play when my husband walked in with our little boy. He immediately ran to me and I was so angry, because I'd been rediscovering my love of thinking about theatre and talking with adults about something non-parenting related.
That's when I knew I needed to make time for some non-mommy things in my life.
Bravo for you, walking and making good food. That's a BIG start. More hobbies is a great idea. Working is too. But don't be prejudiced against spending time with other Moms. Some of them are undoubtedly hoping to develop separate identities too. :)
Thank you Forest for saying all that, I really enjoyed your reply.
Post a Comment